8631 THORS BAY RD
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 3,958.00 Sq. Ft.
8631 Thors Bay is an elegant example of Bay Region Modern style architecture. This substantial and beautiful home combines the Craftsman movement’s warm brown shingles, use of redwood paneling and built-in cabinetry, with the flowing open floor plan, walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, and clean lines and openness of Modernism. The home overlooks magnificent head-on views of the Bay, Golden Gate and San Francisco. Built in 1968, it was remodeled in 2000 and expanded in 2011.
Four spacious bedrooms and three baths on two levels, including luxurious master suite with huge views, glass doors to deck, custom closets, remote-controlled black-out blinds, and a spa-like bath with bay window overlooking a redwood grove.
- Vast Bay, Golden Gate, bridge and city views from nearly all rooms
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, multiple hardwood-framed French doors, and spacious decks on both levels
- Open plan living room, dining room and kitchen with high ceilings, built-in cabinetry, magnificent views and multiple double glass doors to long and wide deck
- Huge living room with redwood paneling and brick fireplace
- Elegant dining room with adjacent office and sunroom
- Wonderful chef’s kitchen with cherry wood cabinets and desk, island, custom built Berkeley Mills breakfast bar with built-in bookshelves and large pantry
- White Oak and bamboo flooring
- Lower level with two bedrooms, one full bath, very large family room with fireplace, exercise room, two storage rooms, laundry closet, built-in cabinetry, doors to deck, patio and backyard
- Serene front yard with native plants, lovely stone entry patio and artisan-crafted front door made from salvaged underwater old-growth redwood, curly redwood, and Flemish art glass.
- Sunroom, office, family room, exercise room and tons of storage
- Approximately 3,958 square feet,* with a lot size of 9,900 square feet*
- Attached two-car garage
- Nearby schools include Madera Elementary, Korematsu Middle School and El Cerrito High**
- Great commute location: — approx. 7 minutes to BART, 15 minutes to Downtown Berkeley and UC Berkeley campus
- Transbay bus and local bus stop down the street
*Measurements approx. per appraisal and public records.
**Any interested parties should verify school district and availability, as attendance is not guaranteed.