2717 Marin Avenue, Berkeley
- 6 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 3,597.00 Sq. Ft.
- 0.29 Acres
- Family Room
MAJ Realtors®️ is proud to present a stunning classic mid-century home in the Berkeley Hills, the last of the homes occupied by the original owner in the Hewlett subdivision on the Berkeley Woods tract.
2717 Marin was built in 1956 by the acclaimed architect Hans Ostwald in his signature style. You’ll find a large living space atop the hillside, a flat roof, natural wood, glass-filled walls and open spaces.
This home includes a number of key design features, including exposed redwood and open beams, copper stripping between the wood panels, and ample clerestory windows.
In addition to the master bedroom and guest room upstairs, a home office invites clients to enter through a Japanese garden, with a large solarium to provide a private outdoor space for gatherings.
Downstairs are three adjoining bedrooms, a spacious playroom, and a large bedroom for a house guest or au pair. The laundry room is adjacent to the au pair’s bedroom.
Other features of the home include an outdoor shower, a backyard playhouse and a fireman’s pole - a frequent source of entertainment for all!
We hope you enjoy this treasure of mid-century architecture. Please visit us at www.MAJRealtors.com for more information!
- Six bedrooms*
- Three full bathrooms
- Home office with discreet entrance through a curated Japanese Garden solarium
- Ample natural light, clerestory windows act in concert with radiant floor heating for efficient passive thermal heating and cooling design
- Classic mid-century architecture, designed by renowned local architect John “Hans” Ostwald in 1956
- Original features include copper stripping between unpainted wood paneling, mid-century light fixtures, large eat-in kitchen with center island and sunken living room with built-in bookshelves
- Located high on Marin Avenue and set-back from the street, this home is private and surrounded by mature oaks and manzanitas, with a lovely tended yard and private playhouse on the property
*Bed count differs from the public record. Permit status and use of the additional two rooms is unknown, buyer to investigate with the city. Neither seller nor listing agent has verified the accuracy of any of these sources of information.