1366 Sunnyhills Road, Oakland
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 1 Half Ba
- 2623 Sq. Ft.
- 0.269628 Acres
- Washer Dryer
This absolutely beautiful property captures the imagination, delighting all who pass by, or enter. Designed by architect Fred Reimers as a “Honeymoon Cottage” for the original owners in 1928, this Cotswold-style Cottage retains its original details and charm, though it has been expanded and modernized. Nestled amongst the trees, on a magnificent lot, the home is framed by giant oak and sequoia trees, surrounded by flowers and vines, with secret gardens, meandering paths and sunny clearings. The charming colors, dormers, and the whimsical park-like grounds give the impression of a cottage in the woods.
The interior features gleaming hardwood floors throughout, generous sized rooms, coved ceilings and light streaming through the french doors and windows. Indoor-outdoor living at its grandest, with french doors from the living room, and kitchen family room, open the house to nature. The kitchen and family room were added more recently, and flow gracefully to the rear patio and garden. Up the elegant staircase are the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and 2 more spacious bedrooms, connected by a ‘Jack-and-Jill’ bathroom. Attached garage, built-in window seats, extra storage, shelving, caches, and ample closets add to the practicality of modern living.
- Over a quarter acre lot of beautiful gardens, mature trees, flowers, clearings, patios and paths
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Spacious Elegant Living Room with french doors to front and back gardens
- Modern Kitchen and Family Room addition open to patio and rear yard
- Fireplaces in Living and Family Rooms
- Formal Dining Room with built-in console
- Graceful, charming architectural details throughout
- 3 bedrooms, including Master with en-suite bathroom
- Jack-and-Jill bathroom, and downstairs Powder Room
- Attached garage with sliding doors and long driveway
- Close to San Francisco Transbay Bus Stop
Red Oak Realty