Contemporary Crafted Farmhouse Built With Love & Made to Last
- 4 Beds
- 4 Baths
- 3212 Sq. Ft.
- 5.5 Acres
- Family Room
Steeped in the rural vernacular, this artisan-crafted homeplace sits on 5.5 acres minutes from historic Downtown Wake Forest & the urban centers of Raleigh, Durham & the campuses of NC State, Duke & UNC Chapel Hill.
7341 Churchill Drive marries the best of the new & old: green building methods & quality construction, with the charm of vintage materials artfully repurposed. Highlights include: handmade cherry cabinetry, wood for wide-plank pine floors milled from the trees on the property, salvaged brick from a factory in Virginia on the interior walls, solid wood doors & transom windows reclaimed from a Durham church, & light fixtures from a British rail station. Easy flowing floorplan offers comfortable communal areas with plenty of additional flex spaces in the upstairs bonus room or basement.
Designed with Hank Wall of Wood Wise, Raleigh, NC, the home encompasses sweeping views of the woods surrounding the property & provides expansive outdoor living with deep porches on the front & back. A brick accessory building, connected by a breezeway, houses a comfortable apartment with full kitchen for guests or caretakers above a 3- bay garage with workshop. The site includes extensive sunny areas suitable for gardening & animal husbandry.
Travel for work or play is simple from this location with access to I-540, Highway 98 nearby & RDU International Airport only 30 minutes away. Nearby Falls Lake offers ample opportunities for hiking, biking, kayaking and canoeing on 5,000+ acres of state-protected land. Take a day trip to the Mountains or Ocean from this great central location. Children attend outstanding Wake County Public Schools.
Come for a tour and stay forever.
- Solid Wood Interior Doors from a Durham church
- Transom Windows with Opaque Glass from a Durham church
- Reclaimed Bricks on the interior from a Virginia cotton mill
- Kitchen Light Fixtures from a U.S. Army facility
- Outdoor Lighting from a British railway station
- Mudroom – the real thing with a farmhouse sink
- Old World Craftsmanship – stone & tile Mortar Wet-Bed construction
- Cherry Cabinetry and Built-In Shelving
- Solid Surface Countertops
- Six Burner Range, new stainless Refrigerator
- Poured Concrete Floors with Radiant Heat
- Scandinavian-designed Soapstone RAIS Wood Stove
- Walk-in closet in Master Bedroom with custom shelves & drawers
- Quality plumbing fixtures and fittings
- Hubbardton Forge chandelier
- Kolbe Windows, 4/1 Prairie Style
- 400 Amp Electrical Service, 200 Amps to both the house and accessory building
- CAT5 cable throughout
- Detached 3-Car garage with workshop & apartment
- Poured concrete form basement construction
- ¾ inch Beadboard Porch ceilings
- Quality exterior cladding:
- AZEK PVC trim
- Fiber Cement
- Cedar Shakes
- Custom milled timber harvested from the land includes:
- Wide Plank Pine Floors
- Fireplace Mantles & Beams
- Tongue & Groove Porch Flooring
- 2” x 6” Framing throughout Main House
- Energy - Passive solar features
- Water - 560-foot-deep well, delivers 8 gallons/minute; community water available at street