Sun-Filled Albany Craftsman
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 1 Half Ba
- 2355 Sq. Ft.
1613 Sonoma Avenue is a rare brown-shingle Craftsman home in Albany. This sun-filled home has been meticulously maintained, combining classic Craftsman style with modern updates. The living room and entryway feature exceptional handcrafted detailing, refinished hardwood floors with original inlays, rustic stone fireplace, rich wainscoting and numerous built-ins, including a custom desk, bookcase and a Craftsman built-in sideboard.
The charm continues in the remodeled kitchen with adjoining breakfast room. The chef’s kitchen includes a 6-burner Viking range, separate wall oven, convection microwave, warming drawer, Viking refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher. There is plenty of storage in the beautiful maple cabinets and large granite-top island. The light-filled breakfast nook features a Craftsman-style built-in media cabinet and a large window seat with a view of the garden. Elegant French doors lead from the kitchen to the secluded back yard with a coast live oak tree. There is also a large sunny bedroom with its own full bathroom and a partial view of the Golden Gate Bridge. A separate powder room is also on the first floor.
Upstairs are three additional bedrooms, including a huge master suite with vaulted ceilings and two enormous walk-in closets. The two west-facing bedrooms and the sunny bathroom all have lovely views of the Golden Gate Bridge and sunsets.
The low-maintenance backyard is centered around a majestic coast live oak tree and has plenty of room for outdoor dining and entertaining, plus a gas hookup for a grill. The sunny side yard has a private seating area and enough room for a garden or a dog run. The front patio, which completes the oasis-like grounds, is ready for a vegetable or flower garden. There is an impressive amount of storage space both in the large basement and detached garage.
· Two blocks from Solano Avenue coffee shops, restaurants and shopping
· Close to Terrace Park and Monterey Market
· Traditional Craftsman style with updated features
· Hardwood floors throughout
· Original custom built-ins
· First-floor bedroom with en-suite bathroom
· Charming powder room
· Updated kitchen with stainless-steel appliances
· Beautiful maple cabinets offer tons of storage space
· Large kitchen island with seating
· Breakfast nook with built-in media area
· Bay window seating overlooks the back garden
· Formal dining room with Craftsman built-in sideboard and wainscoting
· Living room with stone fireplace and custom built-ins
· Large bathroom upstairs with tub and separate shower
· Two spacious second-floor bedrooms with closets
· Master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and two walk-in closets
· West-facing second-floor bedrooms and bathroom enjoy views of the Golden Gate Bridge and sunsets
· Convenient upstairs laundry with washer and dryer
· Woodsy private back yard featuring stone wall, large coast live oak tree, deck and entertaining area with built-in gas line for a grill; also low-voltage lighting and drip watering system
· Sunny, beautifully landscaped side and front yards with various seating and gardening possibilities
· Windowed basement provides loads of additional storage space
· Detached garage
· Built in 1917
· Noted architect Glen Jarvis remodeled the kitchen and breakfast room in 2006