Leverage Life

redo.jpg
1604779_2.jpg
1604779_3.jpg
1604779_6.jpg
1604779_9.jpg
1604779_18.jpg
1604779_11.jpg
1604779_21.jpg
1604779_22.jpg
1604779_23.jpg
redo.jpg
1604779_2.jpg
1604779_3.jpg
1604779_6.jpg
1604779_9.jpg
1604779_18.jpg
1604779_11.jpg
1604779_21.jpg
1604779_22.jpg
1604779_23.jpg

Airy Hall Plantation

  • Bedrooms20 Beds
  • Bathrooms10 Baths
  • Half Bathrooms3 Half Ba
  • ViewsViews
  • WaterfrontWaterfront
Airy Hall Plantation consists of approximately 1600 acres of land along the Ashepoo River. The original land was granted to the Hutcheson Family by Charles II and is now combined with a state granted of 288 acres made to Philip Smith in 1786. For over 200 years, Airy Hall has remained in tact as it passed through hands of the Smith, Skirving, Elliot and Gonzales families. The present house, which is accessed through an ancient avenue of oaks, was constructed by Colonel Robert G. Albert in the late 1920’s on the site of the original that was burned in the early 19th century. It is a Georgian style brick structure, 2 stories in height, with a slate roof. The formal side of the house faces the Ashepoo River. At the edge of the Ashepoo is a semi circular terrace bounded by a low baulstrade giving a view of the river, the marsh and islands in the distance. 6 other outbuildings on the property include a charming brick gatehouse, brick stables, two story brick garage, several wooden structures for staff quarters, 3 utility sheds and a miniature carriage barn right beside the main house. Horses have played an important part in the history of Airy Hall ranging from showing to polo and fox hunting. Deer, duck and quail hunting water impoundments and 15 deer stands. More than half of the property has river frontage. 1000 acres of the 1600 are a conservation easement. There is a stationary dock and enclosed boat lift with a roof and terrace overlooking the river. The floating dock is approximately 70 feet long. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the ocean via boat. In 2000, Airy Hall received the Colleton County Historical and Preservation Society’s Landgrave Edmund Bellinger Award for Plantation Preservation.

Represented By

The Lachicotte Company
Agent Contacts
Cooper & Abernethy Team 843-360-1897  |  Email
View On Map

Highlighted Properties

Share This