5 Ultra Luxurious Ski Getaway Destinations
There is still plenty of time to enjoy the snow this season and what could be better than an ultra luxurious ski getaway. There are incredible resorts across the country and throughout the world, only a drive or flight away, that offer snowy fantasies for you and your loved ones. Once you’re there, you can hit the slopes, bundle up by the fire, or enjoy one of the many community activities available. Whatever you desire, it’s your dream vacation, after all.
Here are 5 wonderful winter wonderlands to fuel your dreams. Can you see yourself in one of these picturesque ski getaway destinations?
1. Telluride, Colorado: Nestled into a box canyon in San Miguel County in Southwest Colorado, Telluride is a high-end ski getaway destination, an all year resort spot, perhaps best known for its idyllic skiing and luxury amenities. Visitors enjoy 5 star accommodations at any of the gorgeous community hotels including the Mountain Lodge, vacation rentals and condominiums like Le Chamonix as well as incredible dining, entertainment, shopping and pampering throughout this stunning mountain village. Regular season ends April 6, 2014.
Photo courtesy of Telluride Properties
2. Aspen, Colorado: Situated on the Western Slope in the Rocky Mountains’ Sawatch Range and Elk Mountains, Aspen is a spectacular resort town with four mountains fit for any level of expertise. The community offers a wide range of lodging options including the spectacular St. Regis Aspen Resort and the legendary Little Nell hotel. Regular season ends April 20, 2014.
Photo courtesy of Shane Aspen Real Estate
3. Jackson Hole, WY: The Jackson Hole Ski Resort is located in Teton Village, Wyoming in the Jackson Hole Valley. The Rendezvous and Apres Vous Mountains offer gorgeous slopes with varying levels of difficulty, but be warned (or excited): some areas of Jackson Hole are considered the most challenging ski spots in North America. Accommodations include charming bed and breakfasts, condominiums and high-end hotels in downtown Jackson Hole such as The Lexington. Regular seasons ends April 6, 2014.
Photo courtesy of Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates
4. Salt Lake City, UT: With four world class ski resorts, Salt Lake City is the most populous city in the state of Utah and visitors can take advantage of the many exciting amenities such as the Olympic City. Enjoy luxury accommodations, gourmet food and spectacular slopes including the idyllic Deer Valley Resort voted #1 consistently by Ski Magazine. Regular season ends April 15, 2014.
Photo courtesy of Influence Real Estate
5. Whistler, BC: Whistler Blackcomb is the 5-Star ski getaway destination just across the border in British Columbia with record snow fall, stunning slopes and relaxing luxury amenities, including the famous Scandinave Spa. High-end accommodations include the exclusive Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort. Regular season ends May 20, 2014.
Photo courtesy of Thornhill Real Estate Group
Do you have a ski getaway planned for this season? What’s your favorite ski resort? Please share your ideas and leave your comments below.