Silicon Valley Tops America's Priciest Zip Codes List
Every year, Forbes releases a list of the most expensive zip codes to buy a home in the US. This year is no exception, with a few twists and a lot of old standbys.
The Forbes 500 Most Expensive Zip Codes list takes several factors into account when compiling its data, most importantly, listing price. The list also only accounts for zip codes that have 10 or more homes on the market, and takes home values over an average of 90 days.
The list is only representative of everything currently on the market for someone looking to buy or sell right now. Topping the zip codes list this year is Silicon Valley, with a number of New York neighborhoods:
- Atherton, CA – 94027, Average Sale Price: $6,665,231
- Los Altos Hills, CA – 94022, Average Sale Price: $5,404,692
- New York, NY – 10065, Average Sale Price: $4,860,494
- Belvedere, CA – 94920, Average Sale Price: $4,807,885
- Sagaponack, NY – 11962, Average Sale Price: $4,790,769
- New York, NY – 10014, Average Sale Price: $4,628,782
- New York, NY – 10013, Average Sale Price: $4,619,761
- Alpine, NJ – 07620, Average Sale Price: $4,481,964
- Portola Valley, CA – 94028, Average Sale Price: $4,339,923
- New York, NY – 10012, Average Sale Price: $4,212,447
This is, obviously, just the top ten most expensive zip codes on the list, but be sure to check out the rest of the list to see where your zip code stands. Leave us your thoughts about the list or anything else in our comment section below.
What do you think of lists and rankings such as this one? How's your local market look? Let us know!
Photo Courtesy of David Harris’s Flickr